This vanilla mug cake is a super easy sweet, do you dare to prepare it to give yourself a tribute at snack time?
Mug cakes are sponge cakes that are prepared in a cup and cooked in the microwave in just 2 minutes. They allow you to indulge yourself in a short time. We propose an easy vanilla mug cake that is delicious.
Obviously a mug cake has nothing to do with a sponge cake, but the truth is that it will solve a snack or breakfast in the blink of an eye. Today we have prepared a delicious vanilla mug cake that is fluffy and full of flavor.
If you feel like trying different cup cakes, you have to try the chocolate mug cake, which is very easy and absolutely delicious and you can’t miss the yogurt mug cake, which is another infallible basic.
Index (quick access to content)
Ingredients for a 350-400 ml. cup:
- 30 gr butter.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 1 medium egg.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (30 gr).
- 1 tablespoon of milk (10 gr).
- 5 tablespoons of flour (60 gr).
- 1/2 teaspoon of chemical yeast (2.5 gr).
- Powdered sugar for decoration (optional).
– Place the butter in a bowl and melt it for 20 seconds in the microwave.
– You can mix the ingredients in the bowl where you are going to make the mug cake or in a separate bowl, the latter option seems better to mix everything well. Add the egg and beat it with the sugar with the help of a fork until bubbles form on the surface.
– Next, add the vanilla extract and continue mixing with the fork.
– Then pour in the milk and whisk until fully integrated.
– Continue with the melted butter and continue mixing well.
– Finish with the solid ingredients (flour and yeast) and mix with enveloping movements until you have a homogeneous dough.
– Pour the batter into the cup where you are going to cook the vanillamug cake and place it at one end of the microwave plate and cook it for 1 minute at maximum power.
– After this time, turn the mug 180º (i.e. if the handle is on the right, turn it to the left) and heat it for 50 seconds more . Check that it is cooked and take it out. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
– If you want, use a strainer and sprinkle a thin layer of powdered sugar on the surface.
– And now you just have to enjoy this delicious vanilla mug cake.
what should you know when preparing a mug cake?
These sponge cakes made in the microwave in a very short time solve a sweet craving but you have to keep in mind that they are not comparable to one made in the oven or a good muffin. Everything has to be put in context.
Most recipes suggest beating in the same bowl in which you are going to make the mug cake in order not to stain anything, but we think they are better if you beat them in a separate bowl because all the ingredients are better integrated.
Two key factors in the preparation of this sweet are the microwave and the mug you use. It is important to test to see how the microwave distributes the heat to obtain good results, just as with the issue of the cups, in addition to taking into account the size, the thickness of the ceramic must be taken into account, generally cups with greater thickness distribute the heat better and, therefore, cook this cake better.
Frequent problems when making mug cakes
One of the main problems that usually arise when we make this sweet is that it is irregular, totally twisted.
Here the main problem usually lies in the fact that the mug chosen to make it does not distribute the heat well. It can also be due to the microwave, it is important to place the cup at one end of the turntable and after the first minute of cooking, turn the cup 180º.
Another thing that can also happen with this candy is that it overflows during cooking. This is because you have used a cup that is too small or because the dough is very liquid and rises too quickly. If you see that it is rising too quickly, open the microwave to stop the cooking and let it rise more slowly. This way it will not overflow.